Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Broken Arrow Public Schools


Ajax Loading Image


Retirement Process

Planning Your Retirement

What to Do First

  1. Notify in writing both principal or supervisor AND notify HR intent to retire.
  2. To get the retirement process started, employees will need to complete the Pre-Retirement Information Verification form.  Click here to print this form. To receive verification that you have 120 days of unused sick days, you may email Dusty Dilldine at ddilldine@baschools.org or contact him at 918-259-5714 requesting this documentation. Once the form has been completed and you have received verification from Mr. Dilldine (if needed), you will mail the form directly to TRS at the address listed on the bottom of the form.
  3. Once TRS has received the Verification Form, they will mail out a TRS packet. You will need to complete the necessary information and then take the Employment Retirement Verification form to Dusty Dilldine in Payroll. He will complete this form and send directly to TRS.
  4. TRS will mail out a second information packet. Once you receive this packet, contact Dusty Dilldine at ddilldine@baschools.org or at 918-259-5714 and he will walk you through what is required in this packet.
  5. Please be sure to send a letter to Human Resources stating you intend to retire. Please include the effective date you wish to retire. You may send this letter via email to Adrienne Stout at astout@baschools.org, bring it by HR directly, by mail, or through interoffice mail.
  6. For employees interested in continuing Benefits after retirement, 10 years of eligible service with Teachers Retirement System (TRS) is required.

What to Do About EGID Benefits

Employees can keep all the coverage you think you will need in retirement. You can drop or reduce benefits later, but you cannot add health, dental or life insurance after you leave active employment. Plan changes are not allowed at retirement. Retirement is not a qualifying event that allows you to make changes; however, you can change plans during the annual Option Period.

Complete the Application for Retiree/Vested/Non-Vest/Defer Insurance Coverage form. Be sure to sign your application and mail it to EGID at least 30 days before the date you leave active employment.

Retirement Ahead Seminars

Each year, the Human Resources Benefits Team hosts two Retirement Ahead Seminars, in January and in May. Information discussed covers TRS, 403(b), Benefits, and other helpful retirement information. Contact Benefits at 918-259-5743, Karen Schwab.

Helpful Planning for Retirement Links

Okahoma Teacher Retirement System

Health, Vision, Dental Coverages When You Leave Active Employment

Planning Your Insurance Needs at Retirement


Click here to print this page for your convenience.