About Broken Arrow Public Schools
Since its formation in 1904, Broken Arrow Public Schools (BAPS) has become a dynamic leader in public education. The district resides in an urban-suburban community with nearby agricultural areas and a growing business and industrial base. Serving more than 19,000 students, the district has four early childhood centers (Pre-K), 15 elementary schools (grades K-5), five middle schools (grades 6-8), one freshman academy (ninth grade), one high school (grades 10-12), and one options academy (BA Academy, BA Virtual School and Mentoring Health Program).
Broken Arrow High School and the Freshman Academy are fully accredited by the state of Oklahoma and the North Central Association of Secondary Schools and Colleges.
The mission of Broken Arrow Public Schools is to educate, equip and empower a community of learners by providing dynamic learning opportunities which enable all students to be successful.
100 Percent Literacy, Engagement and Graduation – Every Student, Every Day
Core Values - Our Noble Cause
We embrace the responsibility of our calling.
Each of us is accountable to serve our students, our district and our community. We do it with honesty, integrity and transparency.
We are passionate about learning.
We consistently seek new ways to lead and follow our students into the future.
We are a student-focused, relationship driven school district.
We strive to engage our students and community through kindness, compassion and empathy.
We celebrate and find strength in our diversity.
It takes people with different ideas, interests and backgrounds to drive our district forward.
Broken Arrow Public Schools believes…
- In utilizing 21st Century technology in achieving academic success
- All students will be college or career ready
- Community beliefs and values are paramount to the development of our children
- In a culture of collaboration and respect for internal and external stakeholders
- In fostering an atmosphere of employee engagement and open communication
- In community partnerships
- In a culture of excellence that demonstrates trust, professionalism, integrity and character
- In providing quality student opportunities
- In promoting an environment that recognizes and celebrates successes
- Diversity enriches our learning environment
- We are responsible for building upon the rich history we have created
Tiger Challenge Program
In an effort to encourage the development of positive character traits in students, Broken Arrow Public Schools added the T.I.G.E.R. Challenge into its curriculum and extracurricular activities. This districtwide program is based on five core values: tenacity, integrity, gratitude, expectation and respect, all of which create lifelong student success.
“I am a Tiger. I am TENACIOUS in pursuit of my goals. I act with INTEGRITY and show GRATITUDE in my daily life. I have high EXPECTATIONS for myself and others, and I show RESPECT through my actions and words. I am a Tiger.”