Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Broken Arrow Public Schools


Ajax Loading Image


Frequently Asked Questions

Who is the principal?

The principal of Creekwood Early Childhood Center is Teresa Bowker.

Who is the Child and Family Resource Specialist?

The Child and Family Resource Specialist at Creekwood Early Childhood Center is Diana Snow.

Who is the school secretary?

The secretary at Creekwood Early Childhood Center is Riki Vickers.

Who is the PTA president?

Creekwood Early Childhood Center and Creekwood Elementary collaborate together with the PTA. The PTA president for both school sites is Sonja Boswell.

How do I report an absence?

Please call our school office by 9:30 a.m. at 918.505.5280 to report your child's absence.

How do I report a possible danger at school?

To report or warn of possible danger at a school you may call Broken Arrow Police Department's Anonymous Tip Line at 918.259.1111.

What is the school policy on visitors?

Safety dictates that all visitors must report to the main office. Office personnel will contact the classroom teacher for you. No student will be released directly from the classroom. Parents must sign their children in and out during regular school hours. If you plan on entering the building you will have to use Lobby Guard. Please ensure that you have your ID ready to speed up the process.

What is an SRO Police Officer Liaison?

Each campus is assigned a police officer, called an SRO (Student Resource Officer) who will periodically drop by the building and have lunch with the students and staff to establish relationships. They are available to assist with any situation that may arise during school hours.

What are the school's disaster drill procedures?

Your child's safety is our primary concern. State law mandates periodic practice fire and tornado drills. We also have procedures in place for a lock down, if necessary. When there is a lock down situation, whether a drill or not, no one will be allowed into the building until the lock down is cancelled.

What are the school hours?

School begins promptly at 8:45 a.m. If your child arrives after that time, he/she is considered tardy and must check in at the attendance office before reporting to his/her classroom. To insure classroom continuity, it is vitally important that your child be on time for school each day.  School ends at 2:20.  Students may be picked up between the times of 2:20-2:50.

What is the morning classroom routine?

Teachers are expected to greet each child as he/she enters the classroom each morning in order to set up a welcoming and positive classroom environment for the day. Each child deserves to be greeted in the same manner and have the teacher's full attention and assistance to get settled in for a successful school day of learning. This is not an appropriate time to conference with the teacher.

How do I contact my child's teacher?

Call the main office, 918.505.5280, and leave a message for the teacher to return your call. After regular work hours, you may call the same number and follow the directions to leave a voicemail. Teacher plan times are another good time to contact the teacher.

How do I notify my child of a change in transportation home?

If during the school day you need to let your child know that he/she needs to go home a different way, please call the office before 2:30 p.m.

Can I send balloon or flower bouquets to my child at school?

We prefer that you do not, however if you do the student will not receive them until the end of the school day and balloons or flowers are not permitted in the classrooms or on buses. It is best to have these delivered to your home.

What times are meals served in the classroom and how much do they cost?

The classroom serves breakfast from 8:30 a.m. - 8:50 a.m. each morning. Breakfast costs 95 cents. Lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m. Lunch costs $1.75.

How often should I check my child's backpack?

Ask your child daily to show you the contents of his/her backpack daily in order to check for flyers, newsletters, and work assignments.

How does my school receive funding?

Each school site has various funding options at their disposal depending on the nature of their purchase. School activity funds, bond funds, and general fund are all funding sources that a school site may utilize for their daily operations.

Below is a summary of the items that are funded from the District for Creekwood ECC:

General Fund Instructional Allocation:  $5,056
Fine Arts Allocation:  $800
Music Allocation:  $200
Bond Site:  $2,500