Obligations of the Researcher
All requests for permission to conduct research or to collect data in this school district are to be directed, in writing, to the following: Research Review Board, Assistant Superintendent of Instructional Services, Broken Arrow Public Schools, 701 S. Main St. Broken Arrow, OK 74012.
It is the responsibility of the individual requesting this permission to submit a detailed description of the proposed research project. This description must include the following:
- The name, background and agency represented by the person who will conduct the research.
- A complete description of the problem being studied, including hypothesis to be tested, data gathering procedures and statistical treatment.
- An explicit statement as to the number of students to be involved, the schools in which the study will be conducted, the dates when the study will begin and end, the approximate amount of pupil and personnel time required, and the specific data items needed from school records.
- A copy of each test, questionnaire or set of interview questions to be used with the student(s) and, if required, a copy of the informed consent document to be signed by each participant and/or parent.
- Procedures for distributing and returning materials. (These cannot be sent by school mail.)
- Procedures for explaining the study to participant and/or parents and for securing signatures, as needed, on release forms.
- A research proposal from a student must also be accompanied by a letter from the graduate adviser indicating (a) that the student’s graduate committee has approved the proposed thesis or dissertation study, and (b) that in behalf of the student, the university requests permission to conduct the study in Broken Arrow Public Schools.
- An agreement from the researcher that at the conclusion of the study he/she will forward an abstract of the findings to the Research Review Committee, Assistant Superintendent of Instructional Services, Broken Arrow Public Schools, 701 S. Main St. Broken Arrow, OK 74012, and to the principal of each school that participated in the study.
- An Agreement to Participate Form must be completed by all principals of schools involved in the study before research is to begin. A copy of the signed form must be submitted to the Research Review Committee.